Monday, September 30, 2013

Walking on Water

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God. 

For just as the sufferings of Christ flow over into our lives, so also through Christ our comfort overflows. 

2 Corinthians 3 through 5. 

So, right now, I'm pretty tired. I've been Harrisburg a week and we haven't found an apartment or jobs. 

But,

I'm happy. I am so happy that God has brought me to Harrisburg. I know that this is exactly where I am meant to be. I have been exactly where God has wanted me to be without a shadow of a doubt. I have been obedient to my Lover Jesus. My Bridegroom and my Friend. He comforts me, telling me He will never leave me nor forsake me. He keeps me in this time of trouble, leading me and guiding me.

It is exciting... walking on water. Jesus has been so faithful to help me keep my eyes on Him so that I will not sink. 

And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit. 2 Corinthians 3:18

My prayer is to be transformed into His likeness with ever-increasing glory. These present sufferings do not compare to the glory which will be revealed. They do not compare. So what if I don't have a job. So what if I am running out of money. So what if I am homeless for a little while. I'm seated in heavenly places (Ephesians 1). I have a delightful inheritance (Psalm 16). And Jesus takes care of all my needs before I ask. My Father in Heaven knows what I need (Matt 6:8). 

But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body. 2 Cor 4:7-9

That verse has really been ringing in my head. The Lord has been really speaking to me this in the past week. 

But please let me tell you how wonderful it is. The peace the passes all understanding, knowing that I am in His hand, under the shelter of His wing, kept in His refuge. I have been in such peace. I may be tired, I may be perplexed, but I am really, really not in despair or abandoned. 

I have had 2 job interviews and looked at countless apartments and most people think we are crazy. What? Why? Why did you come here? What for? What? 

Everything makes sense when you're looking into the face of Jesus. I trust God so much. 

It has been so wonderful being here in Harrisburg. Going to the Global Celebration School is definitely God's will. I am so excited for what He is going to do here in me. I have been so falling in love with all the people here. This past weekend there was a conference at the church with some awesome people, like Heidi Baker who I spent the summer with in Mozambique. Also, Bill Johnson whose sermons and books I love to hear and read. Such a mighty man of God. I met so many new people. Made sooo many amazing friends. It has been such an awesome blessing. 

So, friends, family, beloveds, pray for me! 

I'm tired but Jesus says come to me and I will give you rest! I am resting in His promises that my hope in Him DOES NOT DISAPPOINT. 

through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of glory of God. Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us. Romans 5:2-5

Please let me know how I can pray for you! Please let me know you are praying for me! Please encourage me! Please let me know how I can encourage you!

I love you so much and I love God so much and God loves you so much. 

YAY.

The Hope of Glory lives in me. I pray that God will fill US BOTH with the knowledge of His will through all spiritual wisdom and understanding. That we may live lives WORTHY OF THE LORD and may please Him in every way; bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, being strengthened with all power according to HIS glorious might so that we may have great endurance and patience, and joyfully giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified us to share in the inheritance of the saints in the Kingdom of light. Colossians 1:9-12

1 comment:

  1. Hi Esther... had to share this.... love this verse...
    Hebrews 13.20 Now the God of peace, who brought up from the dead the great Shepherd of the sheep through the blood of the eternal covenant, even Jesus our Lord, equip you in eery good thing to do His will, working in us that which is pleasing in His sight, through Jesus Christ, to whom be the glory forever and ever. Amen.

    Love you... we are "one"
    Aaron.

    ReplyDelete