Friday, September 20, 2013

Getting ready to go... And This is how it happened!

So, 

Packing isn't super easy. 

And now. I've been trying to do it all day. 

I just really need another suitcase. 

But Jesus is always good..... always good. 

It's 1 AM. And I just finished drinking a cup of coffee. Because I just want to get it all done. 

There's a lot to do. 

I'm so excited. 

I'm really gonna miss my dog. I really want to get an apartment that allows dogs so I can bring George Harrison Ford (Harry) there as soon as I can! 

Holy Spirit, help me tell these people what they want to hear. 

Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails. 


So, I've told you the testimony of the Lord calling me to Harrisburg, PA and the Global Celebration ministry. And now I'll testify how the Lord is bringing me there!! It's so cool. 

I also told you about the waiting. Sitting and waiting for the Lord. Because the Lord cares more about who I am than what I do. (Thank You Lord Jesus). 

But we rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out His love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom He has given us. Romans 5:3-5

Oh, it was so hard for me to wait. I was so confused. I was so disappointed. I didn't understand why God was keeping me here when I knew He called me to PA. 

So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded. You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God. you will receive what He has promised. Hebrews 10:35,36

Peace stilled my anxious heart. I tried to make other plans for staying in the Chicagoland... but I knew it wasn't right. I knew God had made it clear that it was Harrisburg, PA. 

For in just a very little while, He who is coming will come and will not delay. But my righteous one will live by faith. And if he shrinks back, I will not be pleased with him. Hebrews 10:37,38

While in Africa, the first time I mentioned going to PA in email updates to home, someone responded that I should not be afraid to go with nothing, just go. I did not like that response. I told God that I wasn't going to Harrisburg, PA unless the school tuition was fully paid, I had rent for a year, and all my debt paid off. And a new car. 

That's not too much to ask of God, right? I didn't think so. I still don't think so. I have a big God and I believe I can ask for big things. But what are the motives of my heart? 

All a man's ways seem innocent to him, but motives are weighed by the LORD. Proverbs 16:2

HAHAHAHAHA. lol. yeah. uhm. yep. 

The Lord cares about my character. The Lord cares about who I am. THANK GOD for the following verse.

Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and your plans will succeed. Proverbs 16:3

I do do that. I definitely do that. And my plans succeed but the Lord works out everything for His own ends (Proverbs 16:4). Praise God. His plans are so much better than mine. Because He is so extravagant. Praise His Holy Holy Holy name that He desires me to be a woman who lives by FAITH. He wants me to be PLEASING to Him. He wants me to reflect His Glory and walk like His Son. He wants me to be the righteousness of Jesus, YAY. 

The founder of Global Celebration, Georgian Banov, was speaking at my home church, LIFE Church in St. Charles, IL, on September 15th. It was a wonderful way to be able to go a week late to the ministry school that started on September 9th ( and also give God more time to provide- lol ). So, on the 15th I expected God to give me the confirmation if I was supposed to go to the school now or later... Georgian was really encouraging to me, believing I was supposed to be in PA and that I had been right in not doing any fund raising of any kind unless the LORD had given me direction to. It was really encouraging but not the total confirmation I needed. So that evening Georgian was also speaking at a ministry called the HUB about an hour from my house. I promised to Geo that I would be there... But actually having no idea how I would get there. It ended up being totally miraculous with two friends of mine deciding last minute to go and they were able to drive. I was soo close to not being able to make it. 

A lady that had done the same Global Celebration internship as me messaged me and told me she was going to be there that night. I didn't know her too well, but it was cool that she would be there. I was wondering why she was going. I knew she lived in northern Michigan and was going to the school in Harrisburg as well. I figured she must be helping Georgian or something. When I got there I had forgotten she was going to be there but it was soooo nice to see her. 

Then, she told me the reason she drove 7 HOURS from northern MI to be at the meeting in Chicago: ME. She told me the Lord hasn't stopped saying my name to her. Esther, Esther, Esther. She said the Lord had told her we were supposed to be roommates. We were supposed to be roommates in Harrisburg, PA. I was supposed to be at the Global Celebration School of Supernatural Ministry. So she followed the Lord's direction and drove 7 HOURS TO COME GET ME. 

She is doing the school part time, driving in between Harrisburg and her home in MI because she has some children in high school that stay with their father every other week so she is driving in between the two states to be with them. But she feels so called to the school and God is giving her the grace and ability to do it. So she told me that she was coming to pick me up the following weekend and we were driving to Harrisburg. She hasn't been able to find the right apartment yet because she knew I was supposed to be there and be her roommate. So we will go without knowing exactly where we are staying yet. 

So I think the Lord gave me the confirmation I needed. Sending someone 7 hours to tell me. She didn't even know if I was going to be there. I almost didn't even make it. I was an hour late. Crazy. She just kept saying, God loves you so much. He is so in love with you. He is so in love with you.

Yes, he is. 

So, the next day, I met with my Bible study leader for some wisdom and counsel. As someone who I extremely look to as a wise woman of God, her advice weighs much with me. And she confirmed overwhelmingly that this was God. That to just get in the car and drive to PA, not even knowing where we will stay when we get there, is the exact radical faith that God is calling us to. 

Isn't it what Jesus called the disciples to??? Luke 9:1-3 and He sent them out to preach the kingdom of God and to heal the sick. He told them: "Take nothing for the journey, no staff, no bag, no bread, no money, no extra tunic."

I want to be a disciple. I don't know about you. But I want to be a disciple. I want to be real. I want to be real. I want to be real. I want to be real. I want to be real. I want to be real. 

I want to be a disciple of Jesus Christ. I want to be a real disciple. 

But in this day and age. It is hard to go with NO money. Especially when you have a school tuition to pay and rent to live somewhere. 

But God confirms His word with signs and wonders, right? John 10:38. 

So, Tuesday morning at Bible study, I shared the testimony of God confirming that He has called me to Harrisburg and that I was to leave this weekend. Without me even asking my Bible study of about 20 AMAZING women of God, they were led to take an offering for me to send me out. These 20 lil ladies.... collected almost $900. Praise the Lord. It's not everything I need but it's enough for the Lord to get me there. And walk in faith for the rest. 

Because why would God send a woman 7 hours to tell me I'm supposed to be there, give me $900, and a ride to Harrisburg and not give me the rest that I needed???????

Jesus is amazing. Beloved, please believe that the things that God has called you to. HE WILL PROVIDE FOR. He WILL provide. He WILL provide. It will probably (probable definitely) not look how you expected it to. I definitely did not expect the Lord to provide the way He did. I definitely did not expect Jesus to provide the way He did. 

So I've been packing up. Getting ready to give away anything and everything that isn't coming with me. Getting ready to start a new chapter in Harrisburg. Not really sure if I'll be back in IL any time soon! 

Alright, if you would like. I feel like I can offer you an opportunity to help send me and get me set up in Harrisburg, PA until I get a job. If you would like help me get dishes for my future apartment. A bed to sleep on. or help pay the tuition for my school.  

You can give through paypal and use my email shootingesther@gmail.com 

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/send-money-online

If you feel led by the Joy of the Lord! I don't want anyone to give out of compulsion. Only if it gives you joy through the Holy Spirit! 

But please pray for me! Pray for me as I take this journey. The Lord has made it work out so perfectly. I can say so much more but I don't want to keep having these super long blog things. 

Please pray for me as we go without knowing exactly we're going to stay. Pray for me as I start this new school. Pray for me to find the right job! And thank the Lord that this is His doing. Thank the Lord that He provides for everything we need according to His riches and glory in Christ Jesus. Praise Him because He is worthy and He is good! 

I'm so excited to go because I KNOW this is God. It's hard to leave my family. My mom. My brother. My sisters. My grandma. My uncles. My aunts. My cousins. My friends. But I'll leave everything behind to follow Jesus. He's my Lover. My Friend. My Bridegroom. He's my Everything. I'll go wherever He sends me. I'll go. I'll go with nothing. 

Oh Beloved. I love you so much. Please let me know how I can pray for you. I love you. Please keep commenting and sharing the Good News. You are amazing. 

I love you. 

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Such an amazing testimony of God's provision! I love how that woman drove 7 hours to find you, and God got you to that meeting too :) This is so encouraging. Praise God! I'll be praying for you!
    ~ Sarah (from House of Peace :) :) )

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! Your faith and your love of Jesus is just so clear in your blog. It is so beautiful. Beautiful beautiful sister, I pray that God continues to pour out His love over your life. I KNOW that He will provide. I know that He is so present in your life, and you are so faithful in depending on Him. I am so blessed to have such a sister as you.

    ReplyDelete